Best Electric Fireplaces 2019 – Top Picks & Reviews
Moving forward with your decision to make this purchase, you must ask yourself what is the best electric fireplace for me? Much of the answer depends on your particular situation and budget. We will examine some of the electric fireplaces on the market to help you narrow down the search. Keep in mind; the reviews are intended to help you make the best purchase for your lifestyle. Upon completion of this guide, you will have the information that you need to buy an electric fireplace that is ideal for your space. In the end, you will enjoy a peaceful, cozy environment with a fireplace that matches your style and expectations.
Best Electric Fireplaces 2019
1. Touchstone 80001 – Our Top Pick
The best electric fireplace in the market is determined to be the Touchstone 80001. Many features set this particular fireplace apart from the rest. The specifications are that this product is 50 in. wide and weighs 46 lbs. which makes for a simple installation possible with just one person. The price tag on this fireplace is on par with the average cost of most electric fireplaces.
The thoughtful features draw consumers to this product. There are two heat options available. The high setting can heat a room up to 400 sq. ft. while the low heat option can remove the chill in the air. Additionally, there is a flame brightness option that has five options ranging from a soft glimmer to a full fire blaze. Safety is also a consideration as this fireplace is heated with LED lights that do not get hot. That means that this product is safe for children and pets. Not only do the synthetic logs look realistic, but the fireplace itself has an inviting look making it a great option for home décor. Your space will feel cozy and welcoming without having to stoke a fire or worry about ash.
While most consumers are completely satisfied with this purchase, there is some indication that the register on the fireplace is so small that it doesn’t put out much heat. This isn’t to say that no heat is put off, but it is not instantaneous. Individuals living in exceptionally cold climates should be aware that some reviews indicate that this fireplace can take a considerable amount of time to heat a room.
2. Giantex 35″ Xl Large 1500w – Best for the Money
This electric fireplace is a best seller on Amazon. This comes as no surprise since this product has an average price and has much of the same capability as the most expensive fireplaces in the market. The heating power ranges from 750W to1500W which means it can comfortably heat an average room. What’s more is that this fireplace can be wall-mounted which offers additional installation solutions and doesn’t require floor space. Safety features are included so that if the fireplace tips over or overheats, it will automatically shut off. Users can change settings from the comfort of their favorite chair because this product includes a convenient remote control that adjusts temperature and power.
Consumers have mixed reports when it comes to the ability for this fireplace to adequately warm a room. Users that have the fireplace in confined, small areas are typically satisfied with results. However, some customers indicate that because the heat projects from the top of the unit instead of out from the front, it takes a considerable amount of time to heat a space and is not very useful is larger, open rooms. While many people are very satisfied with the realistic look of the flames, some have reported that the quality of the materials used to make the fireplace are poorer quality than other fireplaces on the market. Some buyers indicated that the product was damaged or chipped upon arrival despite being packaged well.
Overall, this product is considered the best electric fireplace for the money. It is considerably cheaper but has several similar features as other more expensive options. However, buyers should realize that the cost is saved somewhere whether it is in the quality of materials or the durability of the product. This product is probably not intended as a single heating source.
3. Walker Edison W58FP18ES – Best Electric Fireplace TV Stand
If you are seeking an electric fireplace that has a dual purpose, the Walker Edison W58FP18ES Fireplace TV Stand is the product you have been waiting on. Not only can you enjoy the comfort of a heated space, but this fireplace can also be an attractive piece of furniture. Not only can it accommodate a 60 in. TV and hold up to 250 lbs., it also has adjustable shelving to hide power cords and store decorative household items.
The rich texture and quality laminate ensure that this piece will withstand the test of time. What’s more is that this product can easily be powered on by simply plugging in a power cord and enjoying the cozy atmosphere. High quality and simple use are exactly why many consumers rate this product as the best electric fireplace TV stand available.
The drawback of this product generally comes down to size. This fireplace measures 58 in. long which means it requires ample floor space that may be a limitation for potential buyers. Some buyers indicate that there is definitely more installation time required because this piece is more like furniture than just a basic fireplace. The additional use as a TV stand will mean a different approach to assembly than regular electric fireplaces.
4. Duraflame DFS-550-21-BLK – Best Electric Fireplace Heater
This portable fireplace is considered the best electric fireplace heater on the market because of its durable design and heating capability. This freestanding heater can heat up spaces up to 400 sq. ft. and has built-in safety features for additional peace of mind. The heater itself is made of metal but is cool to the touch even when in use. This makes it an ideal heating solution for consumers with small children and indoor pets. Additionally, there is an automatic shut-off feature that will enable if the heater reaches unsafe temperatures or tips over.
Want to enjoy the comforting mood of a flame all year round? This heater makes it possible. The realistic flames can be used with or without heat. Overall, consumers are satisfied with the reliable functionality of this electric stove heater and the bonus advantage that it is also a decorative piece for the home. Plus, many buyers are impressed with how quiet the stove is and they especially appreciate that they can enjoy the warmth without any mechanical noise that could spoil the mood.
Customers have reported that attaching the legs of this piece can be somewhat difficult. Additionally, some have reported that the heater is much smaller than they expected, but this does not influence its ability to heat a space. For those that have limited space and aren’t especially interested in a large, show-stopping piece, this may be the perfect product.
5. PuraFlame Western 33 inch Embedded Electric Firebox Heater
Fireplace inserts are an excellent option for consumers that have an existing, non-functional fireplace. You simply position the electric firebox heater into the unusable fireplace to transform it into a valuable heat source. This particular product is classified by consumers as the best electric fireplace insert. There are specific features that make this item top of the line. For instance, it comes with an adjustable thermostat and multi-level flame brightness that can be used with or without heat.
Consumers are most attracted to the realistic look of this electric heater. In fact, many buyers indicate that the only thing missing is the crackling sound. The lack of noise is certainly something many people find beneficial. The electric heater is especially useful because it can heat up a room up to 400 sq. ft. However, it should be understood that this product should be used only as a supplemental heat source.
Electric Fireplace Buying Guide
Moving forward, it may still be unclear which direction you should go when purchasing your electric fireplace. Each of the products above serves as examples of reliable electric fireplace heaters based on various specifications, but of course, there are a variety of solid products on the market you can choose from. The hope is that this guide has helped you narrow down your options and consider features that mean the most to you and your situation.
Whether you are looking to warm a space or only want the ambiance of a warm, cozy fire year-round, an electric fireplace is the answer you have been searching for. This product can certainly meet the need for raising temperatures while also being a beautiful piece of home décor that transforms your space into an inviting, warm area. The advantages are obvious, but there are still many considerations you must think about. We are here to help you with that. If you would like more information on how you can be sure that you are making a wise investment, read on for the various features you should consider.
Electric Fireplace Buying Tips
If you are searching for tips on what you should consider when purchasing an electric fireplace, this is the list that will help you. Once you have answered the questions associated with each feature, you will be will have a clear understanding of the exact product that you need.
The cost of the unit is certainly on most consumer’s minds. People want to have quality at an affordable rate. When it comes to figuring out your budget, consider the following:
- What do you expect as far as durability and capability? Generally, if an electric fireplace has all the bells and whistles and has been reported to have a long lifespan, then it will likely cost more than a product that is only expected to heat through a few seasons.
- Do you want the electric fireplace to serve multiple purposes? It’s true that most electric fireplaces are aesthetically appealing to some degree, but if you want the fireplace to work well and look nice, it may cost you a few more bucks than others that are available in the market.
- Do you want an exceptionally large fireplace? The sheer size of an electric fireplace indicates that more materials are used, and usually, more heat is generated. If you want a bigger unit, the cost will likely be more than smaller units.
- Do you have a strict budget? It’s important to have a least somewhat of a range when it comes to your budget. Why? The answer is that you may be surprised to learn that some features (like size or safety features) may mean more to you than saving a few dollars. Consider your comfortable budget, and then your absolute budget just in case a particular fireplace has specifications that really meet all of your needs.
There are a variety of sizes of electric fireplaces which makes them an excellent source of heat for many different spaces. However, you really need to consider how the size of the unit could impact its usefulness overall. Please consider the following:
- How big is the area you want to heat? Most units can comfortable heat space that is about 400 sq. ft. If your space is significantly larger than this, you may want to consider an electric fireplace with more heating capability, or perhaps purchase two smaller units.
- Do you have limited space? Large, decorative units may look nice in your home or office, but do you have enough floor space to accommodate it? For instance, a TV stand electric fireplace takes up much more space than a wall-mount.
Electric fireplaces are, of course, used for heating an area, but there are other attributes as well such as providing a comfortable atmosphere with or without an elevation in temperature. When considering the use of your electric fireplace, please think about the following:
- Do you need the electric fireplace for warmth? Believe it or not, some consumers do not need an electric fireplace for heat. Instead, they simply want the comfort of aesthetic flames throughout the year. If that’s the case, then perhaps you don’t need an especially powerful unit, but instead, may place more emphasis on the appearance of the synthetic logs and blaze of the fire.
- Is the electric fireplace going to be particularly helpful during the colder months? If you actually need the electric heater as a secondary heat source, then capability and durability are likely much more important.
When selecting any kind of heating unit, safety should always be at the forefront of your mind. It’s always a good idea to examine the owner’s manual to understand exactly what safety features are included. You should consider the following:
- Does the unit have automatic shut-off? Most newer models are required to have the automatic shut-off feature for when the unit tips over or starts to overheat.
- Does the unit have a heat protectant? It’s especially important for people who live with animals, children, or the elderly that the unit can put off heat without actually feeling hot to the touch.
As electric fireplaces have become more popular, manufacturers are dedicated to producing a quality product that is least intrusive. The sound is an incredibly important factor of the heating source you choose. After all, it will be a constant noise that permeates your home or office as you try to heat it. You should consider the following:
- What room will the fireplace be in? If it’s a common area, the sound will definitely matter more. Likewise, if you are using it in your office where you will be conducting business, the sound will be an incredibly important feature.
- Will you use this heating source regularly? If the heater is running consistently, any type of noise will be annoying over time.
- Does sound bother you? Be honest with yourself about how sound impacts your peace of mind. Some people can handle a soft “whir” as they work or entertain while others prefer as near to silent as possible.
Customer satisfaction can provide additional details you need to make an informed purchase. While not every review will be valuable, it can certainly simply the buying process. When researching the top choices on your list, consider the following:
- Read the reviews. As you research the top products on your list, take time to read through the reviews on some of the electric fireplace heaters. Many buyers are more than happy to express their experience with a particular item whether it is good or bad. Consider the following as you
- Has the company made an effort to remedy situations? Sometimes products show up defective or damaged. That doesn’t necessarily mean you should never purchase that item. However, the response from the manufacturer will tell you a lot. If the company is willing to replace or repair the item, then that proves that they stand behind their product.
- Have you read through the warranty? This is a critical piece of information that many consumers overlook. Take time to look through everything that is covered regarding repairs and the timeframe that you can receive a full refund. A good warranty usually means that the customer can trust the product.
Think of the tips provided here as a type of blueprint as you buy. Of course, things that matter to one consumer may differ substantially than the next person, but these tips will help you remember the most important features. Ultimately, you will be the judge when it comes to the quality and durability of the product that you purchase.
Electric fireplaces make an excellent addition to any home. The design is meant to bring comfort and similar appeal of an authentic fireplace. It can make any space more inviting and certainly increases the level of comfort during the colder months. What is even more beneficial is that installation doesn’t require a long-term commitment, but the average lifespan can certainly be a permanent solution if you prefer. There are many of the benefits of a traditional wood stove without the concern of smoke, costly installation, or limitations when it comes to placement since it doesn’t require a chimney.
Here, we have considered different budgets, heating needs, styles, and installation requirements. Offering options allows you to best opportunity to narrow down your search and determine what means the most to you when it comes to buying an electric fireplace. In the end, the information presented here will help you understand the many features and benefits of this fantastic product.
While there are certainly many considerations to make, these options allow the buyer the opportunity to purchase the perfect electric fireplace for their preferences and needs. Here, we have dissected some of the top products in the market. This information gives you the opportunity to weigh different features and how they compare to use and cost. Moving forward, you can make the purchase that coincides with your heating goals.
- Best Electric Fireplaces 2019
- Electric Fireplace Buying Guide
- Electric Fireplace Buying Tips